[FieldTrip] DICS beamformer images

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Dec 13 17:06:53 CET 2011

Hi Holly,

DICS can also be used to compute univariate power in a given frequency band. This yields not a bounded quantity. Depending on your analysis settings you will observe a depth bias which is not physiologically relevant. Best way to deal with this is to compute the beamformer maps using an experimental contrast.

Best

Jan-Mathijs

On Dec 6, 2011, at 2:18 PM, Rossiter, Holly wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using DICS to assess coherence and viewing the beamformer images through SPM. What I want to know is what is the value given in the image and how is it calculated? I thought it was a coherence value but it is not bounded between 0 and 1.
>
> Also what do you think is the best way to threshold the images in order to get rid of low value peaks?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Holly

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793