[FieldTrip] Problem plotting independent components

Dave Deriso dderiso at ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 7 02:07:55 CET 2011

I should also note that when I tried the *ft_databrowser* function it was
unable to plot the component topographies because there weren't enough grid
points. Have you encountered this before? Thanks again for all of your
great help!!

My code:

cfg = [];
cfg.viewmode = 'component'
ft_databrowser(cfg, comp);

Output:

creating layout from cfg.grad
creating layout for neuromag306alt system
the input is component data with 306 components and 306 original channels
detected   0 visual artifacts
redrawing with viewmode component
fetching data... done
fetching artifacts... done
preprocessing data... done
plotting artifacts...
plotting events...
plotting data...

Warning: Imaginary parts of complex X and/or Y arguments ignored
> In ft_plot_vector at 191
  In ft_databrowser>redraw_cb at 1309
  In ft_databrowser at 508
Warning: Imaginary parts of complex X and/or Y arguments ignored
> In ft_plot_vector at 191
  In ft_databrowser>redraw_cb at 1309
  In ft_databrowser at 508
                                          ****** these errors repeat about
10 times, then:
plotting component topographies...
Error using griddata (line 79)
Not enough unique sample points specified.

Error in ft_plot_topo (line 153)
[Xi,Yi,Zi] = griddata(chanX', chanY, dat, xi', yi, interpmethod); %
interpolate the topographic data

Error in ft_databrowser>redraw_cb (line 1377)
      ft_plot_topo(chanx, chany, chanz, 'mask', laychan.mask, 'interplim',
'mask', 'outline', laychan.outline, 'tag', 'topography',

Error in ft_databrowser (line 508)
redraw_cb(h);

Cheers,
Dave