[FieldTrip] ICA on MEG data

Stan van Pelt stan.vanpelt at fcdonders.ru.nl
Tue Aug 30 09:14:31 CEST 2011

Dear Irina,

There's a page on the Fieldtrip Wiki about using ICA to remove
EOG-artifacts, see
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/use_independent_component_analysis_i
ca_to_remove_eog_artifacts.

The common approach is to first define your trials, and then run ICA on
them.

You will get as many output components as you have channels, i.e. 275 in
your case. The EOG artifacts usually pop up in 1 or 2 components within
the first 20 largest components.

Best regards,
Stan

Stan van Pelt, PhD
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University
Nijmegen
Kapittelweg 29, 6525 EN Nijmegen, Netherlands
E-mail:  stan.vanpelt at donders.ru.nl
Website: www.ru.nl/donders/
Phone:  (+31) (0)24 36 68495
Fax:    (+31) (0)24 36 10989