[FieldTrip] cluster analysis for peak/latency data

Sysoeva, Olga Vladimirovna sysoevao at psychiatry.wustl.edu
Thu Aug 18 05:41:36 CEST 2011

Dear fieldtrip list members,

I’m applying cluster permutation algorithm, implicated in Fieldtrip software to my EEG data.

But I’m using it in a little bit different way. I want to cluster my data from 32  channels for peak amplitude and latency measures, not raw ERP data. So, as an input I have only chn*subjects matrix, without time dimension. Technically the script works fine (ft_timelockstatistics), and, from my point of view, it also makes perfect theoretic sense: we can examined both peak and latency of the component ( in point by point comparison it might be confusing to disentangle these effects). Certainly, the main motivation for this cluster-permutation test was to deal with multiple comparison problem and to conduct exploratory investigation (huge datasets). But in case of looking a specific component cluster permutation  analysis is helping to deal with MCP introduced by multiple channels. Am I right?

You comments are highly appreciated,

Best Regards,
Olga.

Olga Sysoeva,