[FieldTrip] Time-frequency analysis

Kenji Kirihara kirihara-tky at umin.ac.jp
Tue Aug 16 06:00:11 CEST 2011

Dear FieldTrip mailing list members,

I am interested in time-frequency analysis of EEG and have
a question about ft_freqanalysis. I applied ft_freqanalysis to
my data for time-frequency analysis using wavelets. Power at each
time-requency point is calculated. However, power at each point
seems to be too large. For example, power at 4 Hz, 0 ms, O2 is 1218,
power at 10 Hz is 730, and power at 20 Hz is 94. These values seem
to be too large compared to power calculated using FFT for frequency
analysis. I would be grateful if someone tells me why this happens.

Sincerely,

Kenji Kirihara