[FieldTrip] Header file for TDT system

shree b shreesb at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 21:30:22 CEST 2011

Hello,
I am new to field-trip and wanted to use your analysis on 16 channel continous LFP recordings from the TDT (Tucker Davis Technology) system. As there isn't a provision to read TDT header files I tried to input the values directly into the structure array.

1)I have already imported my data into Matlab and have the information that is need to be included in cfg.headerfile in a structure array:

hdr=[];

hdr.Fs=1000;
hdr.nChans=16;
hdr.nSamples= abfi.dataPtsPerChan; %abfi.dataPtsPerChan=620646
hdr.nSamplesPre=0;
hdr.nTrials=1;
hdr.label= abfi.recChNames;
%abfi.recChNames is a cell array with the channel names:    %IN0,IN1,IN2,IN3,IN4,IN5,IN6,IN7,IN8,IN9,IN10,IN11,IN12,IN13,IN14,IN15

2) The data is in a mat file with all 16 channels labeled as before

3) I defined trl as:
a=1;
b=length(IN0);
c=0;

trl=[a b c];% single trial no offset

cfg=struct('headerfile',hdr,'datafile', data,'trl',trl)

This approach isn't working, could you please tell me how I should specify the values for the header file and data structure.

thanks very much
Shilpa