[FieldTrip] scaling frequency data for comparison

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Tue Aug 16 14:20:45 CEST 2011

Dear Jakob,

I can't give you any definitive answer on the power units of the
different freqanalysis algorithms, but you might find the function
ft_freqbaseline helpful. Absolute power values are usually not very
meaningful in neuroscience research, since they depend on a lot of
non-brain factors. Ft_freqbaseline performs a baseline correction
(either relative, absolute, or percentage) on your power values.
Across different spectral estimation methods, the relative power
change should remain the same (since it is unitless).

Best,
Eelke