[FieldTrip] Header file for TDT system

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Tue Aug 16 10:36:16 CEST 2011

Dear Shilpa,

If you already have the data and related information in Matlab, it is
probably best to skip the entire trial-definition step when converting
your data to FieldTrip format. It's quite straightforward to convert
data into a format that FT can handle, especially if you just want it
to have a single segment (or 'trial'). In your case, from the top of
my head, you could initialize a structure with the following fields:

data.label = abfi.recChNames;
data.trial = {yourDataMatrix}; % assuming size(yourDataMatrix) ==
[nChans nSamples]
data.fsample = 1000;
data.time = {0:1/data.fsample:lastTimePoint};
data.sampleinfo = [1 nSamples];

This is just about the bare minimum that FT requires, which in your
case should be sufficient. Note that both the data.trial and data.time
fields should be cell arrays, with one element per trial in your data.

For more detailed information about how FT raw data should look, see
the following entry on our wiki:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/how_are_the_various_data_structures_defined
.

Hope this was of help,