[FieldTrip] timelock grand average can't average gradiometers?

Kanal Eliezer ekanal at cmu.edu
Wed Aug 3 23:29:52 CEST 2011

Hello all -

I'm trying to average a number of datasets collected from a Neuromag scanner. This dataset contains both magnetometer and gradiometer data. I'm trying to use ft_timelockgrandaverage to average the cleaned data, and I'm getting the following error message:

> Warning: discarding gradiometer information because it cannot be averaged

My question is, why not? My gradiometer data isn't different than the magnetometer data. Even more confusing, when looking in the code, it looks like it's averaging it anyway, and the resulting dataset seems to contain averaged grad data. What's the purpose of this error?

Thanks,
Eliezer Kanal