[FieldTrip] change in scaling of sine tapers

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Fri Apr 29 12:30:13 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I made a change to how ft_freqanalysis scales the tapers when
cfg.taper has been specified to be 'sine'. This has been done to make
the handling of this type of taper consistent with the other (multi)
tapers. Each of the tapers  used has now a norm of 1, which makes the
scale of the powerspectrum of the tapered time series consistent
across different tapers. Initially, this was not the case for the sine
taper.
For backward compatibility I implemented the (we think less
appropriate) scaled version. In order to use the scaled sine tapers,
you need to specify cfg.taper = 'sine_old' prior to calling
ft_freqanalysis.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs

Dr. J.M. (Jan-Mathijs) Schoffelen