Can't read .SMR data into FT

Eduardo Garza egarza at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 8 19:22:49 CEST 2010

Greetings,

I did an EEG experiment using CED and the format is standard ".SMR".
The data contains 1 Channel (Cz) and 1 Event Channel.

When I try to look at the data in FT using:
cfg = [];
cfg.dataset = 'eduardo_pilot_03_events2.smr';
cfg.trialdef.eventtype  = '?';
definetrial(cfg);

I get several errors back:

Warning: Unable to load this DLL
Call ns_SetLibrary first! Process interrupted!
??? Error using ==> read_ced_son at 81
Could not get NeuroShare library info, please use the NS_SETLIBRARY
function.

Error in ==> ft_read_header at 357
    orig = read_ced_son(filename,'readevents','no','readdata','no');

Error in ==> read_header at 17
[varargout{1:nargout}] = funhandle(varargin{:});

Error in ==> trialfun_general at 50
hdr = read_header(cfg.headerfile);

Error in ==> ft_definetrial at 110
    [trl, event] = feval(cfg.trialfun, cfg);

Error in ==> definetrial at 17
[varargout{1:nargout}] = funhandle(varargin{:});

I checked the "read_ced_son.m" and apparently I need a Neuroshare library to
read the data (I thought FT already had that in).
So I go to the Neuroshare site and download a ZIP called
MATLAB_Import_Filter, which apparently should include several ".m" files and
1 DLL called "mexprog.dll" for 64-bits, but the DLL is not there.
The readme.txt shows that I should also include a file called
"NeuroshareDLL" in the same directory.

I'm not sure where to go from here.
Where can I get that NeuroshareDLL and mexprog.dll that should go into the
directory?
Is my data in the correct format?

Thank you

Best regards

Eduardo

--
Eduardo A. Garza Villarreal
MD, PhD Student

-Center for Functionally Integrative Neuroscience (CFIN), Aarhus University;
-Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus, Denmark;
-Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, University of Oxford, UK.

DK Office:   +45 89494408
DK Mobile:  +45 2772 3440

UK Office:   +44 1865223918
UK Mobile   +44 7879574135