Error in timelockstatistics

Allen Ardestani aardesta at UCLA.EDU
Fri May 28 21:07:17 CEST 2010

Thank you very much for the input - I got the Image Processing Toolbox and
am now able to make use of the clustering function.  I do have remaining
questions about the cluster analysis.  I tried looking at the code but still
can't figure out what type of clustering approach (e.g., k-means, fuzzy
logic, etc) is being used and how to adjust its clustering sensitivity,
independent of the cluster thresholding alpha.  Any help would be much
appreciated!

From: FieldTrip discussion list [mailto:FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf
Of Nathan Weisz
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:22 AM
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] Error in timelockstatistics

Dear Allen,

you need bwlabeln anyhow, no matter how you want to cluster (the function
can cluster in n-dimensions). so getting the Image Processing Toolbox may be
a good investment if you decide to use fieldtrip statistics in future.

an -untested- alternative may be to use the octave version of bwlabeln.
usually the code is very compatible to matlab, i.e. if it does not run
out-of-the-box it usually just needs a little tweaking. however it may be a
lot slower.

http://users.powernet.co.uk/kienzle/octave/matcompat/scripts/image/bwlabel.m

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/index.html

good luck,