Wavelet vs. Multitaper

Roni Tibon ronitibon at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 3 20:05:19 CEST 2010

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response.
I tried using the settings you suggested, which, of course, reduced the
frequency range, and revealed some activity in ~15-25hz, although it looked
minor compared to that seen in the multitaper.

I guess my questions now are these:
1. How come when I use multitaper with 1 cycle I see a range starting at 5
hz, but when I use morelet wavelet with 1 cycle, the range starts at 10hz?
2. Can I conclude that when the trial is rather short multitaper will be
more accurate, or more sensitive to changes?
3. How come the freq range in the multitaper changes depending on the
baseline settings? It started at 5hz when cfg.baseline = [-0.2 -0.05], but
started at 10hz when cfg.baseline = [-0.2 -0.1];

Thanks a lot!
Roni