questions on ICA to remove EOG artifacts from MEG data

Elisabeth May ElisabethSusanne.May at UNI-DUESSELDORF.DE
Fri Mar 19 10:01:16 CET 2010

Dear Masaki, dear Laurence,

thank you a lot for your really quick and extensive replies to my long
list of questions!

Masaki, you are right with your first point: so far I am not completely
sure that my plotting scripts correctly sepparates the two gradiometer
types. I do get the same results with my plotting function and
ft_topoplotIC. However, I use my own layout files for horizontal and
vertical gradiometers in both functions so there might be something
wrong with the layout files. I'll check those again to be sure. I'll
also try to scale gradiometers and magnetometers and do ICA on all
sensors together.

Laurence, thank you for the plots, they will give me a better idea of
what to look for! I only want to use ICA to remove artifacts from my
data so I guess I might try the approach you suggested, too.

I'll let you know as soon as I make any progress with my data!

Thanks again and best wishes,
Elisabeth

--
Dipl.-Psych. Elisabeth May

Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf
Institut für Klinische Neurowissenschaften und Medizinische Psychologie
Universitätsstr. 1
40225 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49 211 81-18075

http://www.uniklinik-duesseldorf.de/med-psychologie