problem with definetrials

Henning Holle h.holle at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Mon Mar 8 16:53:35 CET 2010

Dear list members,

I am trying to define trials for a dataset. When I look for the events
contained in the file (like this)

cfg = [];
cfg.dataset             = 'jenna.cnt'
cfg.trialdef.eventtype = '?';
dummy                   = definetrial(cfg);

I get the following output.

Reading Event Table...
the following events were found in the datafile
event type: 'trigger' with event values: 1  11  22  33
no trials have been defined yet, see DEFINETRIAL for further help
found 202 events
created 0 trials

Now, when I want to define the trials for all 'standard' events (which
have the eventvalue '11'),

% define trials
cfg = [];
cfg.dataset             = 'jenna.cnt'
cfg.trialdef.eventtype = 'trigger'
cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = { '11' };
cfg_standard          = definetrial(cfg);

I get the following error message.

??? Error using ==> cellstr at 34
Input must be a string.

Error in ==> cell.intersect at 44
     a = cellstr(a);

Error in ==> trialfun_general at 114
   elseif ~isempty(intersect(event(i).value, cfg.trialdef.eventvalue))

Error in ==> ft_definetrial at 110
     [trl, event] = feval(cfg.trialfun, cfg);

Error in ==> definetrial at 17
[varargout{1:nargout}] = funhandle(varargin{:});

How can I solve this problem? Am I doing something wrong? (I am using
the most recent version of fieldtrip)

Cheers,

Henning

--