Invalid MEX file - Buffer

PERI TRIGKAS p_trigkas at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 24 15:53:46 CET 2010

Dear list members

I have only recently started my Phd project.
I'm trying to work with some on-line MEG data. I have done
some research regarding any software that could do my job easier. I
have decided to use the FieldTrip Buffer in order to store the data
while I am doing the processing.
Initially, I thought that it
would be good to have everything or at least the buffer on the
same machine with the acquisition system. The OS on the acquisition
system machine is a Linux distribution of Red Hat. The problem is that the OS version is too old.

gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-59)

installed Matlab on top of that -7.2.0.294 (R2006a)- That was the
newest version that I managed to get it worked. It did not accept 7.4
or any other later version of Matlab.
When I tried to run some of
the examples that you provide in order to test the operation of the
buffer I got errors regarding the MEX file. I followed the instruction
and tried to compile the .c files. Despite the fact that everything
went well with the compilation, buffer.mexglx  was created, I got again
the same error.

??? Invalid MEX-file
'/home/peri/fieldtrip-20100314/fileio/private/buffer.mexglx':
/matlab/bin/glnx86/../../sys/os/glnx86/libgcc_s.so.1: version
`GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5).

Error in ==> write_data at 189
        buffer('put_dat', packet, host, port);

Error in ==> rt_signalproxy at 116
    write_data(cfg.target.datafile, dat, 'header', hdr, 'dataformat', cfg.target.dataformat, 'append', false);

The
compatibility has been checked in a Virtual machine in order to keep
the MEG system clean as I am not the only person who uses it.
have checked everything that I could and I even asked help from the
I.T. support but my problem has not been solved. I would like to ask if
the error I get, is a compatibility error since the program is looking
for another gcc version (version `GCC_4.2.0' not found)   .

Could you
please suggest me what can be done in order to overcome such problems?

Thanks in advance

P. Trigkas

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/