reading bdf+ files?

Thomas Hartmann thomas.hartmann at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Thu Mar 11 00:38:05 CET 2010

hi robert,
thanks again for the detailed answere. i have indeed already thought
about the brainvision format. what makes me favor bdf is the fact that
it only works with one file. renaming a brainvision-file is a problem as
filenames are used to identify trigger and data files.

as i got to know the bdf format quite well in the last days, i would
prefere that one if its well supported in fieldtrip. i would propably
have to write my own lib for that, but the format seems pretty straight
forward.

can you give me a hint of how triggers are stored in the "original"
biosemi bdf format? from what i understood, they use an extra channel
with the same samplingrate as the others, writing the trigger values as
24bit values, thus constisting of 3 bytes each. each of the byte seems
to have a different meaning. do you know something about that?

best regards,
thomas

--
Dipl. Psych. Thomas Hartmann

OBOB-Lab
University of Konstanz
Department of Psychology
P.O. Box D25
78457 Konstanz
Germany

Tel.: +49 (0)7531 88 4612
Fax: +49 (0)7531-88 4601
Email: thomas.hartmann at uni-konstanz.de
Homepage: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/obob

"I am a brain, Watson. The rest of me is a mere appendix. " (Arthur Conan Doyle)