Label display problem with ft_topoplotER for EEG-MEG data

Lucie Charles lucie.charles.ens at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 3 15:16:51 CET 2010

Hi everyone ,

I noticed a small bug using ft_topoplotER with my EEG-MEG data that I think
I managed to correct.

When I try to use the option :

*cfg.highlight = ' labels '
*or *
cfg.marker  = ' labels '*

I have an error message saying that it doesn't find coordinates for some
labels (see at the end for the entire message). I looked into it and it
seems that EEG channels are always in the list of channels that the function
tries to plot even if I'm trying to plot only magnetometers for example.

I made two small changes at the ft_topoplotER and it seems to solve the
problem :

*line 606 >  templay.label      =  data.label(labelindex);
*instead of
*templay.label      =  **channelselection(cfg.highlightchannel{icell},
data.label);*

*line 631 >  templay.label    = data.label(labelindex); *
instead of  *
templay.label    =
channelselection(setdiff(1:length(data.label),highlightchansel),
data.label);

*This solution works fine for me but I'm not sure that it will work in any
case.*
*
Still I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Lucie CHARLES

Error Message :

*??? Error using ==> text
Each string specified must have a corresponding set of coordinates

Error in ==> plot_lay at 73
  text(X+labeloffset, Y+(labeloffset*1.5), Lbl,'fontsize',labelsize);

Error in ==> ft_topoplotER at 617
    plot_lay(templay,'box','no','label',labelflg,'point','yes',...

Error in ==> topoplotER at 17
[varargout{1:nargout}] = funhandle(varargin{:});*