neighbourdist for megplanar

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at DONDERS.RU.NL
Wed Jul 14 09:50:32 CEST 2010

Dear Julian,

The unit of neighbourdist is according to the units in the gradiometer
array. The BTI convention is meters, so I think some value in the
order of 0.04 to 0.1 should be OK. (For the 248 channel 4D system I
always use a value of 0.037). Typically, I think it is optimal to have
just one rim of sensors (so don't take the value too big).

Cheers,

JM

On Jul 14, 2010, at 9:45 AM, Julian Keil wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering what is a sensible neighbour distance for computing
> the megplanar from 4D148 data.
> The default is set to "4", but this this leads to on average 149
> neighbours per channel, which does not look right to me.
> Changing the distance to 0.1 reduces the number of neighbours to
> 5.5, yet I'm still unsure if this is the best/correct way.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Julian
>

> Dipl. Psych. Julian Keil
>
> OBOB-Lab
> University of Konstanz
> Department of Psychology
> P.O. Box D25
> 78457 Konstanz
> Germany
>
> Tel: ++49 - (0)7531 - 88 42 50
> Fax: ++49 - (0)7531 - 88 28 91
> Email: julian.keil at uni-konstanz.de
> Homepage: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/obob

> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users
> of the FieldTrip toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new
> ideas for MEG and EEG analysis.
>
> http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html
>
> http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/

Dr. J.M. (Jan-Mathijs) Schoffelen