time-frequency analysis base line correction

Odelia Goldberg odidodi at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 13 11:15:47 CEST 2010

Hello all,

It's not a question in fieldtrip, yet I'll be happy if you can advise.
I'm doing a motor experiment, which is based on responses (one after the
other) and not on triggers. For that reason I can't use the usual definition
of baseline per trial.
I'll take the base line from a segment before the experiment began. Should I
take the longest segment I can, as to get a more accurate base line
activity, or should I take a segment equal to the trials duration?

Many thanks,
Odelia.