Help with dipole fitting

Ludwing Torres lumatobu2 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 25 03:38:08 CEST 2010

Hi Paul, I don't know if you have heard or worked with eeglab, here they use a dipole fitting without considering the time course in the dipole moments, ¿Can I somehow use the functions of fieldtrip in eeglab to perform dipole fitting and consider the time course in eeglab too?

Another question: when I perform the example below:

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/compute_forward_simulated_data_and_apply_a_dipole_fit

And I compute the dipole fit with the first simulated dataset, I get the next structure:

dip1 =

     label: {1x128 cell}
       dip: [1x1 struct]
     Vdata: [128x250 double]
    Vmodel: [128x250 double]
      time: [1x250 double]
    dimord: 'chan_time'
       cfg: [1x1 struct]

And, after define the dipole moment as [1 0 0]' , I go to the dip field and in the field mom (i.e. dip1.dip.mom) I get an 3x250 double matrix.
So, when I define the dipole position it is [0 0.5 0.3] and in the dipole fit in the field dip1.dip.pos, I get this same position (aproximated) it is [-2.1186e-008 0.5000 0.3000], but in the dipole moment I don't get the same, not even aproximated, instead of [1 0 0]', I get this [3x250 double] matrix. ¿Am I commiting any mistake or is a concept error? and ¿ How we can interpret this when we have more than two dipoles?

Thank you for your help.