neighbourdist for megplanar

Guillaume Rousselet g.rousselet at PSY.GLA.AC.UK
Wed Jul 14 12:09:09 CEST 2010

Hey Julian,

the function FT_NEIGHBOURSELECTION will output a structure of sensor
neighbours. The best is to fine tune the threshold distance by
checking the output <neighbours> against your sensor map.

Best,

Guillaume

On 14 Jul 2010, at 08:45, Julian Keil wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering what is a sensible neighbour distance for computing
> the megplanar from 4D148 data.
> The default is set to "4", but this this leads to on average 149
> neighbours per channel, which does not look right to me.
> Changing the distance to 0.1 reduces the number of neighbours to
> 5.5, yet I'm still unsure if this is the best/correct way.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Julian
>

> Dipl. Psych. Julian Keil
>
> OBOB-Lab
> University of Konstanz
> Department of Psychology
> P.O. Box D25
> 78457 Konstanz
> Germany
>
> Tel: ++49 - (0)7531 - 88 42 50
> Fax: ++49 - (0)7531 - 88 28 91
> Email: julian.keil at uni-konstanz.de
> Homepage: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/obob
>

> ----------------------------------
>
> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users
> of the FieldTrip toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new
> ideas for MEG and EEG analysis.
>
> http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html
>
> http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/

Guillaume A. Rousselet, Ph.D., lecturer

School of Psychology
Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi)

http://www.psy.gla.ac.uk/staff/index.php?id=GAR01

Email: g.rousselet at psy.gla.ac.uk
Fax. +44 (0)141 330 4606
Tel. +44 (0)141 330 6652
Cell +44 (0)791 779 7833

"Corporations have only one duty: to promote their own and their
owners' interests. They have no capacity, and their executives no
authority, to act out of a genuine sense of responsibility to society,
to avoid causing harm to people and the environment, or to work to
advance the public good in ways that are unrelated to their own self-
interest. Deregulation thus rests upon the suspect premise that
corporations will respect social and environmental interests without
being compelled by government to do so. No one would seriously suggest
that individuals should regulate themselves, that laws against murder,
assault, and theft are unnecessary because people are socially
responsible. Yet oddly, we are asked to believe that corporate persons
- institutional psychopaths who lack any sense of moral conviction and
who have the power and motivation to cause harm and devastation in the
world - should be left free to govern themselves."

	Joel Bakan - The Corporation - 2004