Saving preprocessed data in a raw MEG format

a.stolk@fcdonders.ru.nl a.stolk at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Tue Jul 13 14:04:23 CEST 2010

Hi Geoff,

Have you tried beamforming with method "Linearly-Constrained Minimum Variance (LCMV)", the ERP equivalent of DICS/PCC in oscillatory sources, already?

Link: http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/lcmv-beamformer

I'm not familiar with MNE, but does it also read other formats than .ds?

Best,
Arjen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Brookshire" <Geoff.Brookshire at MPI.NL>
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:33:05 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: [FIELDTRIP] Saving preprocessed data in a raw MEG format

Hello,

I'm working on source localization of MEG ERPs, and have run into a
couple issues that I'm hoping someone will have some experience with.
I'm using MNE software to perform the localization, since Fieldtrip is
only able to do this on time-frequency data now.  The thing is that I've
already done pretty extensive preprocessing in Fieldtrip and so can't
afford to ditch that.  My hope is that I'll be able to output this
preprocessed data from Fieldtrip in a format that MNE can read.

I've seen people talking here recently about a similar issue, but that
thread ("Export EEG Data") seemed to deal very specifically with the
brainvision_eeg format.

I've been hoping to export the data as a .ds directory, as it was
originally saved.  MNE can convert CTF .ds directories to .fif (the
format it normally uses), but I don't think this is a possible output
format for ft_write_data.

Any ideas anyone has on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Geoff Brookshire