megplanar on Yokogawa axial gradiometers

Sangita Dandekar sangita.dandekar at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 7 21:37:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'd like to get an estimate of horizontal and vertical planar gradients at
each axial gradiometer in our Yokogawa system.   The megplanar function in
fieldtrip is setup to check whether input data were collected on CTF or BTI
systems and breaks out of the code if that is not the case.

I was wondering why (and if) the code in the megplanar function is specific
to only CTF and BTI systems?   I have not looked at the megplanar code too
closely yet, but it seems as though the geometry of the yokogawa system's
axial gradiometers
should allow application of the 'original', 'sincos' and 'fitplane'
estimation methods.

It would be great if someone who knows the details of the above three planar
gradient estimation methods could let me know if they should work on the
Yokogawa's axial gradiometers without modification, or, if modification is
necessary, what the nature of the modifications that I need to make are.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sangi