Nested analysis

Stephan Moratti moratti at MED.UCM.ES
Thu Jul 1 09:27:43 CEST 2010

Dear Marco,

I am not sure if you can manage this within fieldtrip alone (maybe I am
wrong). What I do in more complicated statistical situation, I use R. R is
an open source statistical package and is free. If you install the R.matlab
library you can read and write matlab workspaces with R. R offers broad
statistical modeling possibilities. With R you can model hierarchical
models. You could permute your data following your Null hypothesis and
create a matrix electrodes by number of permutations that contains your
statistical map (let's call this matrix statrand). Then you calculate the
electrode vector with the observed statistical map (let's call this vector
statobs). Then you feed statobs and statrand into clusterstat.m function.

Hope that is useful for you.

Best,

Stephan