probability zero

Giovanni Piantoni g.piantoni at NIN.KNAW.NL
Mon Feb 8 15:38:15 CET 2010

Dear FieldTrip users,

I am using statistics_montecarlo, which works really well, and I have a
theoretical question. After using clustering correction for multiple
comparisons, some clusters have a probability of 0.
I don't know how to interpret this zero, as the lowest p-value you can get
with a nonparametric method is 1/number_of_randomizations (see Nichols &
Holmes, 2002).

Shouldn't the observed cluster statistic be included in the reference
probability distribution?
Or has '>=' (greater than or equal to) maybe become a '>' (greater than)?

Thanks,

Giovanni

------
Giovanni Piantoni, Ph.D. student