[FieldTrip] MEG Time-Frequency testing (ft_freqstatistics)

Eric Maris e.maris at donders.ru.nl
Wed Dec 15 23:36:17 CET 2010

Dear Kambiz,

> Greetings Fieldstrippers

"Fieldtrippers" may have connotations that a scientist does not always
appreciate, but what to think of "Fieldstrippers"?

> My problem with the results in the attachment is that in the grand
> averages there is an obvious event related desynchrony (cold colors,
> negative values) difference between 0.4-0.8sec; 10-40hz which somehow
> doesn't get picked up, but the small blip of noise/event-related
> synchrony (hot colors, positive values) c. 0.5sec at 50Hz is revealed
> as different between conditions by the permutations!

Have a look at the (channel,frequency)-specific paired t-tests. Do these
detect the big cold blob? If not, the variance across subjects is probably
large.

Best,

Eric Maris

To carry out the