Beamforming with reference channels

sharon riwkes sharonriwkes at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 2 14:06:12 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I tried to do source localization, after beamforming with the LCMV method. I
did it once for all the MEG channels, and once for MEG channels *AND the
reference channels*. I was hoping that using the reference channels will
improve the localization by ignoring noise coming from outside of the brain.

However, I got the *exact same results for MEG+reference channels* as *for
MEG alone!*
Does anyone know how to include the reference channels effectively in the
LCMV beamforming?
Thanks for your help,
Sharon Riwkes.