mne and ft_sourceinterpolate

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at DONDERS.RU.NL
Fri Aug 20 15:01:53 CEST 2010

Dear Gregor,

What you want to achieve is as of yet not possible.
Ft_sourceinterpolate at the moment only interpolates functional
parameters which are scalars, e.g. power, or variance averaged over
time (in lcmv).
We are working at the moment to make the data representation of
different types of source reconstructed results more consistent
(beamformer versus mne etc), and first will work towards the
possibility of visualizing the functional data (including their time
courses) without the interpolation. The thing you can do now is to
define a meaningful summary statistic of the reconstructed time
course, interpolate this one on the anatomy, and click around the
anatomical coordinate of your source of interest. Subsequently you
need to reverse engineer (undo the interpolation) to find the
corresponding source position in your source structure. Then you can
use the plot command to look at the time courses.

Dr. J.M. (Jan-Mathijs) Schoffelen
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,
J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: 0031-24-3668063