AW: [FIELDTRIP] significance of coherence differences

Eric Maris e.maris at DONDERS.RU.NL
Tue Aug 10 12:47:47 CEST 2010

Hi Jan,

> thank you for your answer. I read the paper and see that your method is
> a great tool to deal with the MCP and with situations in which one does
> not know at which frequencies and channels an effect is expected. It is
> good to know that for the group level (multiple subjects, all measured
> in the same set of conditions) conventional paired-sample statistics
> are appropriate, beacause I dont see how the random-partition procedure
> relates to such a situation.

I does not, because the random partitioning procedure only applies to single
subject studies (UOs are trials). In a within-subjects multiple subject
study the random aspect is in the random permutation of the elements in the
paired observations.

Best,

Eric