manually specifying fiducial positions in MRI structure

Vladimir Litvak v.litvak at ION.UCL.AC.UK
Tue Apr 20 11:44:23 CEST 2010

Hi Markus,

I need to write a more detailed answer when I have time and then
things will hopefully become clear. But for now...

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Markus Bauer <m.bauer at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>> It's not the same that's the point, Markus. Try doing exactly as I say
>> and then see if it works.
>>

> grid.pos = forward.forward.mesh.vert;
>
> thx, but this (the upper) is correct for specifying the grid-points for the
> leadfields - or is that wrong already?

This is correct because these points are in MEG head coordinates in mm
as are the vol and the grad in SPM.

> m = export(gifti('filename.gii'), 'ft');
>
> whereas this is in the analyse-voxel format  - and can thus be used for
> overlaying source-results with individual anatomy ??

.gii is not analyze but a GIFTI format which is a format for storing
meshes. What you get are the points of the same mesh but corresponding
to your individual MRI so you can use them for ft_sourceinterpolate.

Vladimir