freqstatistics

Patricia Wollstadt Patricia.Wollstadt at GMX.DE
Wed Apr 7 15:58:20 CEST 2010

Dear list members,

I am trying to calculate the statistics for four groups in a resting state condition.
The problem is that mask and statmask do not match the plotted statistics (see attached figure, topoplotTFR with zparam='stat', zparam='mask', zparam='statmask'). At this point the groups only consist of 8 participants per group and I am now wondering, whether the problem is caused by the low group size or a failure in the skript (I apologize for the quantity of code, but I followed the tutorial very closely and couldn't find an error so far):

cfg=[];
cfg.grad=grad;
cfg.layout=prepare_layout(cfg);
cfg.method    = 'montecarlo';
cfg.channel   = myChannels;
cfg.statistic = 'indepsamplesF';
cfg.correctm  = 'fdr';
cfg.numrandomization = 1000;
cfg.tail = 0;
cfg.alpha = 0.05;
cfg.parameter='powspctrm';
cfg.avgoverfreq = 'no';
cfg.avgovertime = 'yes';

design = [1:groupSize 1:groupSize 1:groupSize 1:groupSize];
design(2,:) = [ones(1,groupSize) 2*ones(1,groupSize) 3*ones(1,groupSize) 4*ones(1,groupSize)];

cfg.design=design;
cfg.uvar = 1;
cfg.ivar = 2;

cfg.frequency   = [40 180];
statisticsGamma = freqstatistics(cfg,group1avg,group2avg,group3avg,group4avg);

statisticsGamma.statmask=(statisticsGamma.stat).*(statisticsGamma.mask);

Thanks and best regards
Patricia Wollstadt