forming one datset from multiple data files

Ingrid Nieuwenhuis ingrid.nieuwenhuis at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Tue Apr 6 10:37:45 CEST 2010

Hi Dan,

I think ft_appenddata is what you need. This is the help of the function:

% FT_APPENDDATA combines multiple datasets that have been preprocessed
separately

% into a single large dataset.

%

% Use as

%   data = ft_appenddata(cfg, data1, data2, data3, ...)

% where the configuration can be empty.

%

% If the input datasets all have the same channels, the trials will be

% concatenated. This is useful for example if you have different

% experimental conditions, which, besides analyzing them separately, for

% some reason you also want to analyze together. The function will check

% for consistency in the order of the channels. If the order is inconsistent

% the channel order of the output will be according to the channel order of

% the first data structure in the input.

%

% If the input datasets have different channels, but the same number of

% trials, the channels will be concatenated within each trial. This is

% useful for example if the data that you want to analyze contains both

% MEG and EMG channels which require different preprocessing options.

%

% Occasionally, the data needs to be concatenated in the trial dimension
while

% there's a slight discrepancy in the channels in the input data (e.g.
missing

% channels in one of the data structures). The function will then return a
data

% structure containing only the channels which are present in all inputs.

% See also FT_PREPROCESSING

Good luck,

Ingrid

Ingrid L.C. Nieuwenhuis