about time-frequency analysis using wavelet transform

Lee, Gwan-Taek keithlee0323 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 12 04:41:43 CEST 2010

Dear fieldtrip users.

I'm going to make an TFA analysis using 'wltconvol' of an ERP data that have
just 200ms baseline.
If I observe frequency between 4~30 Hz, wavelet cycles(cfg.width) has to be
only 1 because of short baseline. ( cycle / freq = window length )
Is using only 1 wavelet cycle alright?
I think some correction is needed. exp^(-w0/2) has to be subtracted from
exp^(jw0t) on motehr wavelet equation.
Is there this correection in fieldtrip TFA method?

Best..

--
Lee, Gwan-Taek, Master Course
Biomedical Engineering, Korea University College of Medicine