depsamplesF

Nadia Müller nadia.mueller at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Fri Sep 4 15:50:28 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I've a question regarding the statfun_depsamplesF.

I'd like to compare source data of 9 subjects x 5 conditions.
Therefore I performed a repeated dependent samples F-statistic on
source level. When looking at the data I was surprised by the very
high F-values and, at the same time, very low p-values.  So we
debugged the statfun to get an idea of how the F-statistic is
calculated. Thereby, we came across the 'scaledstat' where the F-
values are dramatically reduced, resulting in very low F-values and
consequently p-values. We also got different degrees of freedom
compared to an anova calculated elsewhere.

It would be great if you could give me some background of how this F-
statistic is performed and why for example we need the scaledstat.

Thanks a lot,
nadia