64-bit Linux

Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at CEA.FR
Tue Sep 1 01:55:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm planning the deployment of Fieldtrip on 64-bit Linux machines. I
have compared the availability of 32-bit and 64-bit Linux MEX files.

Some MEX files are 32-bit only, for example:
   external/biosig/mexSLOAD.mexglx
   external/eeprobe/read_eep_avr.mexglx
   external/eeprobe/read_eep_cnt.mexglx
   private/ltrisect.mexglx
   private/ptriproj.mexglx
   classification/toolboxes/gerven/bayesbrain/utilities/myrepmat.mexglx
   classification/toolboxes/gerven/gmrflab/fastinv.mexglx
   classification/toolboxes/gerven/gmrflab/fastinvex.mexglx
   [...]
   classification/toolboxes/external/gpml-matlab/gpml/sq_dist.mexglx
   classification/toolboxes/external/libsvm-mat-2.87-1/read_sparse.mexglx
   [...]

Then some MEX files are 64-bit only, some probably on purpose:
   @uint64/abs.mexa64
   fileio/@uint64/abs.mexa64
and some probably not:
   external/bci2000/load_bcidat.mexa64
   fileio/private/mxDeserialize.mexa64

Might the 64-bit (or 32-bit) version miss functionality? Should we
compile 64-bit (or 32-bit) MEX files when source files are available?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA, I2BM, NeuroSpin