How to generate the EEG background noise and interference

Vladimir Litvak v.litvak at ION.UCL.AC.UK
Sat Oct 24 10:05:25 CEST 2009

Dear Hung,

A simple and convincing thing to do would be to combine simulated data
with real data. For instance if you are talking about ERP, you can add
your simulated responses  to a real recording at times random with
respect to the original triggers. Then you will get your simulated ERP
with noise as real as it gets. By controlling the relative scaling of
the real and simulated data you can test different SNRs.

Best,

Vladimir