megplanar for magnetometers

jan-mathijs schoffelen j.schoffelen at PSY.GLA.AC.UK
Tue May 19 23:28:17 CEST 2009

Dear Stephan,

I would advice you to use cfg.method = 'sincos'. As a matter of fact,
the 'orig' method has been conceived indeed for axial gradient data,
but I believe the info about the top coil is only used to temporarily
generate a local z-axis throught the gradiometer, to define the local
X and Y coordinate frame for the planar gradient. Using the sincos-
method the XY coordinate frame is different, but apart from that, the
planar gradient field interpolation works with the same logic,
estimating a gradient in an X and Y direction based on an
interpolation of the gradients between the magnetic field
(magnetometers) or axial gradient (gradiometers) at a given sensor
and its neighbours.

Yours,

Jan-Mathijs