Failed to create socket while using the Fieldtrip buffer

A. Stolk A.Stolk at EWI.UTWENTE.NL
Tue Jun 23 16:09:06 CEST 2009

Dear fieldtrip users,

When using the realtime functions I have difficulties using the fieldtrip buffer continuously. For example, putting data in the buffer with rt_signalproxy seems to be a smooth and stable operation when performed alone.

But when I subsequently try to access and plot that same data (e.g. with t_signalviewer) with another matlab session, matlab gives an error after some time. This 'some time' seems to be steady in length everytime I try; about 60 seconds on my laptop.

??? Error using ==> buffer
ERROR: failed to create socket

Error in ==> read_header at 939
      orig = buffer('get_hdr', [], host, port);
Error in ==> rt_signalviewer at 75
  hdr = read_header(cfg.headerfile, 'headerformat', cfg.headerformat, 'cache', true);

I have had this problem on multiple pc's now. All are using Windows XP 32-bit, Fieldtrip version 20090610. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Friendly regards,

Arjen