timelockstatistic

Hanneke Van Dijk Hanneke.vanDijk at MED.UNI-DUESSELDORF.DE
Thu Jun 4 11:01:37 CEST 2009

Dear Rodrigo,

I'm wondering if the error is the same for all number-combinations that you used. I agree with Ingrid that cfg.uvar should be 2. When I test this specific part of the scripts, it seems to work for me (I don't get any error).

So next I wonder what the avg1 and avg2 variables look like. The tutorial is written for grandaverage variables which include the field 'individual' (therefore, cfg.parameter='individual', cfg.parameter is the value you want to do statistics on). This field 'individual' contains the data for all subjects.

Since you are looking at one subject only I guess you don't have this field. So the cfg.parameter should be 'trial'.  So check if avg1 and avg2 have the field 'trial' if not  do timelockanalysis again with cfg.keeptrials = 'yes'.

cfg.design should then be dependent on the number of trials and not on number of subjects. If you have 10 trials for both conditions it should look something like this:

Ntrials = 10 ;
cfg.design(1,1:2*Ntrials)  = [ones(1,Ntrials) 2*ones(1,Ntrials)];
cfg.design(2,1:2*Ntrials)  = [1:Ntrials 1:trials];

cfg.design then will look like this:

cfg.design

ans =

  Columns 1 through 15

     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     2     2     2     2     2
     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10     1     2     3     4     5

  Columns 16 through 20

     2     2     2     2     2
     6     7     8     9    10

The first 10 trials belong to condition 1 and the second 10 to condition 2.

This is probably why you get the design error. It doesn't fit with the parameter you want to do statistics on.

I hope this was a correct hypothesis and my reply will help you!

Best Regards,

Hanneke