Freqstatistics Yields Zero Significant Clusters?

Eric Maris e.maris at DONDERS.RU.NL
Mon Jun 8 22:21:12 CEST 2009

Hi Charles,

> Yes that did seem to a further unusually high number, especially since
> they're all standard-81! Let me give you an idea of where our code is
> presently at:

> cfg = [];
> cfg.neighbourdist    = 4;
> cfg.elec             = elec;

Have a look in the electrode configuration "elec" and I suspect that you
will see that cfg.neighbourdist=4 is inappropriate for the dimension in
which the electrodes positions are given.

Best,

Eric

> [...]
>
> Reading power on 81 channels
> not computing grand average, but keeping individual power for 11 subjects
> not computing grand average, but keeping individual power for 11 subjects
> selected 81 channels
> selected 6 time bins
> selected 4 frequency bins
> Warning: PACK can only be used from the MATLAB command line.
> > In fieldtrip\private\prepare_timefreq_data at 310
>   In fieldtrip\private\statistics_wrapper at 206
>   In freqstatistics at 132
>   In CMCWM2_std81_junk_with at 144
> Obtaining the electrode configuration from the configuration.
> there are on average 83.0 neighbours per channel
> using "statistics_montecarlo" for the statistical testing
> using "statfun_indepsamplesT" for the single-sample statistics
> constructing randomized design
> total number of measurements     = 22
> total number of variables        = 2
> number of independent variables  = 1
> number of unit variables         = 1
> number of within-cell variables = 0
> number of control variables      = 0
> using a permutation resampling approach
> repeated measurement in variable 1 over 22 levels
> number of repeated measurements in each level is 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1
> 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
> computing a parmetric threshold for clustering
> estimated time per randomization is 0 seconds
> found 2 positive clusters in observed data
> found 1 negative clusters in observed data
> using a cluster-based method for multiple comparison correction
> the returned probabilities and the thresholded mask are corrected for
> multiple comparisons
> ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton
> subscripts
>
> Error in ==> clusterplot at 91
>     sigposCLM(:,:,iPos) = (posCLM == sigpos(iPos));
>
> Error in ==> CMCWM2_std81_junk_with at 153
> clusterplot (cfg, stat);

> Should our cfg.neighbourdist have a higher number if we are using a
> Standard-81 layout? We've tried a few different variations with that
number
> and still ended up with the same error.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles
>
> On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:00:22 +0200, Eric Maris <e.maris at DONDERS.RU.NL>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi Charles,
> >
> >83.0 neighbours per channel does not make sense. For EEG-channels this
> >number typically is 4 and for MEG-channels it is typically 6. Have a look
at
> >the neighbourhood geometry structure that is constructed by
freqstatistics.
> >I guess this structure is far too wide (a channel is considered a
neighbour
> >of almost every other channel).
> >

> >Best,
> >
> >Eric

> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the
FieldTrip