prepare_layout #input?

Akiko Ikkai akiko at NYU.EDU
Wed Jul 29 00:56:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm new to Fieldtrip, and am using fieldtrip-20090715 version.

I'm making .lay file for our intracranial EEG data, and realized that
prepare_layout.m requires 6 entries (chNum,X,Y,Width,Height,Lbl,Rem),
whereas on the website ( http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/layout ) it
says, "The 1st column is the channel number in the layout file, it is not
used any more.". prepare_layout.m runs when I add chNum to my .lay, OR
change line 743 of prepare_layout.m to [X,Y,Width,Height,Lbl,Rem] =
textread(filename,'%f %f %f %f %q %q');

For the future reference, I'm wondering which is more recent way to write
.lay files.... with, or without chNum?

Thanks in advance! Akiko

Akiko Ikkai
PhD Candidate