Common Average reference - excluding channels

Martin Bleichner bleichner.martin at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 24 11:14:08 CEST 2009

Hello together,

I want to compute the common average reference for an ecog dataset. But I
have to exlude some of the channels due to epileptic activity.
I am currenlty using the code below. Do I have to specify the channels I
would like to include in my CAR in cfg.channels or in cfg.refchannel?

Thanks a lot
Martin

cfg=[];
cfg.trackconfig='cleanup';

%compute common average reference
cfg.channels=ch_in_avref;
cfg.reref='yes';
cfg.refchannel='all';

%filter out the line noise using bandstop filter
cfg.bsfilter='yes';
cfg.bsfiltord=3;
cfg.bsfreq=[49.5 50.5; 99.5, 100.5];

data=preprocessing(cfg,data);