Update: Freqstatistics Now Yields (Som e) Significant Clusters

Michael Wibral wibral at BIC.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Thu Jul 2 11:50:33 CEST 2009

Hi Charles,

beamforming relies on the data (sensor) covariance matrix for the case of LCMV and other time domain beamformers and you get the focus on the desired frequency band by prefiltering
For frequency domain beamforming - like DICS - computations rely on the cross spectral density matrix - again computed at the frequencies of interest. I do not think that BESA TFC files contain that information.
That said, you can - depending on your Version of BESA and the modules included - use BESA's own beamformer (which allows for two bilateral synchronized sources to be present as an extra feature) and export the .dat file for statistics (I haven't done that myself).

But using beamforming in Fieldtrip is also straightforward and very flexible. Let me know if you need help with that.

Michael