First steps with FIELDTRIP

Nicola Neumann nicola.neumann at UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE
Wed Feb 11 20:43:41 CET 2009

Dear all,

  Just starting to work with FIELDTRIP, I have the typical problems of
a beginner and wondered whether you could help me with these. I
conducted an MEG study (CTF, Vancouver whole-head system) in an
old-new recognition paradigm.

1. From the tutorial it was not clear to me what the very first step
is to analyze the data, and I tried the 'read_data' command (dat =
read_data ('filename.ds');). However, there is an error message
Error in ==>
/Applications/fieldtrip/fieldtrip-20090128/external/ctf/getCTFdata.p>getCTFdata at
28
Error in ==> read_data at 654
      dat = getCTFdata(hdr.orig, [begtrial:endtrial], chanindx, 'T', 'double');

both for my own and your tutorial data. Do you have any idea, why the
command does not work?

2. Could you maybe provide me with a skript 'from the very beginning"
to avoid this kind of problems? I do not know either how the header
information can be integrated (presumably with "read_header"), and how
to go on to the next step of preprocessing.

Thank you very much for your help.
Nicola