ECG artifacts in MEG

Vladimir Litvak v.litvak at ION.UCL.AC.UK
Thu Feb 12 17:20:03 CET 2009

Dear Andrej,

There is no Matlab function I know of that corrects the sensor data
like in BESA. In SPM8b there is a possibility to discard artefact
sub-space during 3D source reconstruction. This is done using the
'Define spatial confounds' option in MEEGtools toolbox. In principle
if you come up with a montage matrix that projects out your artefact
you can use the montage functionality of SPM to correct your data.
This would be somewhat more distortive than in BESA though and at the
moment I'm not sure whether source analysis of such data would work
correctly in SPM and FT.

Best,

Vladimir