First steps with FIELDTRIP

Nathan Weisz nathanweisz at MAC.COM
Wed Feb 11 21:37:34 CET 2009

dear nicola,

i'm not sure what tutorial you are refering too. take a look here:
http://neuroimaging.ruhosting.nl/fieldtrip/doku.php?id=fieldtrip:documentation:tutorial

read_data already is a low-level function that you should not have to
deal with as enduser.
the first step is to tell fieldtrip when your relevant events occured
(definetrial) and then to apply some preprocessing options
(preprocessing.m).

from there on it all depends on what you want to find out and actually
the nice examples in the tutorial should get you going (i.e. sending
you scripts wouldn't help you more).
in the intro there is a useful overview of the major functions and how
they relate.

Good luck & don't give up!

nathan