interpolated source activity values = NaN

Frederic Roux fredericroux at HOTMAIL.DE
Fri Dec 4 14:50:39 CET 2009

Hi Ingrid,

thanks for the quick reply. I will try your suggestion but I am pretty much sure that the values I want to look at are inside the brain.

My approach is the following:

I want to indentify the voxels that show significant activation.
So first I visualized my data with sourceplot and cfg.interactive = 'yes' and then I write down the indices of the voxels onto which I click.

When I feed these indices into
SourceInterpolatedStats.stat([x y z]) this returns me NaNs, even tough the voxel was clearly located inside the brain.

Do you have any idea of why this happens?

Frederic

Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:21:17 +0100
From: ingrid.nieuwenhuis at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] interpolated source activity values = NaN
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL

Hi Frederic,

Probably the NaN’s are the voxels
outside the brain. The source estimate is only performed for voxels inside the
brain, the voxels outside are put to NaN. In
the field “inside” it is coded which voxels lay inside the brain.
Try:

SourceInterpolatedStats.stat(SourceInterpolatedStats.inside)

This should give you the non-NaN values.

Hope this helps,

Ingrid