t statistic of coherence difference between stimulus conditions

Dahlia Sharon dahliash at STANFORD.EDU
Tue Dec 1 00:33:04 CET 2009

Hi,

Since the coherence spectrum is different from the power spectrum in not
being a simple average over trials, I am wondering how the point-by-point
statistic should be calculated. I.e. does it make sense to take the
difference in coherence between the two conditions and divide by the
standard error?

A shorter version of this question is: how does one test for a statistically
significant coherence difference between two stimulus conditions in fieldtrip?

Thanks,
Dahlia.