Reading brainvision dat files

Roman Freunberger Roman.Freunberger at SBG.AC.AT
Mon Aug 17 15:31:04 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am a new fieldtrip user and would like to know how to read brainvision
files that were exported as .dat into matlab with fieldtrip. It would be
great to read segmented and/ or continous data into matlab that was
preprocessed (artifact correction, ...) in brainvision analyzer. I tried
read_data in combination with the read_header function and I always get

??? Error using ==> zeros

NaN and Inf not allowed.

Error in ==> read_brainvision_eeg at 89

  dat = zeros(endsample-begsample+1, hdr.NumberOfChannels);

Error in ==> read_data at 686

    dat = read_brainvision_eeg(filename, hdr.orig, begsample,
endsample);

Error in ==> ReadAnalyzerSegments at 7

data = read_data(filename);

Thank you in advance and best wishes,